Today I feel the calm before the storm. Everything is nice and quiet, very few emails to answer or write, and only one photo shoot on the agenda for the next two weeks. I actually have some time to play tennis, watch a movie or two (you must see Dark Knight if you haven’t already!), and relax. But in 2 weeks, Hurricane Wedding will be blowing in, I’ll be shooting one every weekend.
In an effort to calm this whirlwind madness before it starts and get organized, I am initiating disaster preparedness. This means I will be reviewing my lists: my must-finish by today list, this week’s to-do list, my 1-2 year goals, and lastly my bucket list.
Must Finish By Today
1. Business card design.
2. Send out photos to clients from the last 2 photo shoots.
3. 40 pushups
To-Do List for the Week
1. Finish sending out wedding thank you cards. (I’m still within my 1-year timeframe!)
2. Launch a splash page for my portfolio website.
3. Design my wedding pricing packages.
1-2 Year Goals
1. Be an amazing wedding photographer!
2. Be super good at HDR photography, light painting, add using light and negative space to enhance regular photos.
3. Input all business transactions into Quickbooks.
4. Quit my day job.
1. Attend all 4 tennis grand slams (Wimbledon, US Open, French Open, and Australian Open which I’ve already checked off this list)
2. Climb another glacier.
3. White water rafting.
4. Travel to as many places around the world as possible.
5. Read all the accumulated books on my bookshelf (filled with tons of sci-fi, contemporary fiction, and the Cyborg Handbook)
6. Buy a house.
7. Structure my life so I can just play tennis and table tennis, travel the world, and take pictures.
8. Star as the leading lady opposite Johnny Depp in an epic, romantic movie.
9. Achieve a rating of at least 2000 in table tennis.
10. Play more guitar.
If you’ve managed to read through my rambling, tell me what’s on your list. Pick a list, any list, and name your top 3 priorities on that list.